Woodlawn School District is seeking
to hire the following positions:
Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
Posted: May 20, 2020
Starting Date: August 6, 2020
Job Description and Requirements:
The speech pathologist works under the direction of the building principal(s). The major responsibilities shall include the following:
1. Must be American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and Arkansas Board of Examiners Speech Language and Audiology (ABESPA) Certified.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of district, state and federal guidelines while maintaining an affective data management system for students who are Medicaid eligible. Include submissions of monthly therapy notes to the LEA Supervisor for Medicaid billing as applicable.
3. Attendance and assistance in referral, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, assessments and evaluations including screening, programming, and placement as appropriate.
4. Conduct of student screening.
5. Maintain accurate therapy notes for each session.
6. Administration and interpretation of appropriate assessments of auditory and communicative abilities functioning.
7. Provision of a written report of assessment information with recommendations to the evaluation/programming committee when deemed necessary, within due process timeline.
8. Recommendation of referral of students to appropriate support agencies or medical facilities as a result of screening or formal evaluation.
9. Recommendation of appropriate long and short range goals regarding speech therapy services and interpretation of these goals to school personnel and parents as included in current student Individual Education Plan (IEP).
10. Establish and prepare Individual Education Plans (IEP), appropriate therapy schedules, administration of therapy based on needs assessed, and collaborate with Special Education and general education teachers including therapy for students assigned to SLP caseload.
11. Conduct conferences and meetings with school personnel and parents when program changes are indicated, to include a minimum annual review of the program.
12. Upon request, counsel, consult, or provide in-service programs to teachers, parents, or community members as a representative of the local school district to include IEP progress quarterly notes to parents and administration upon request.
13. Recommendation of materials, supplies, and equipment for carrying out the functions of the position to the school principal and maintained on file.
14. Facilitate and participate in school wide functions that advocate for speech including the demonstration of knowledge and skills of speech.
15. Maintain licensure as issued by the Arkansas Board of Examiners of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists by continuing education that maintains the required annual license renewal.
16. Maintain a Certificate of Competence as issued by the American Speech and Hearing Association.
17. Maintain the principles as stated in the Code of Ethics established by ASHA.
18. Remain eligible for billing purposes through Medicaid throughout the contract period.
19. Other duties as assigned
Successful applicants must pass local, state and federal criminal background checks as well as a child maltreatment site registry check. At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred. Bachelor degree and all degrees relevant for the posted postion(s) preferred. Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States.
Woodlawn School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodlawn School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
LaDonna Spain, Ed.S.
Woodlawn School District
Applications are posted below, or you may pick one up at the Woodlawn School District Superintendent’s Office, 6760 Hwy 63 Rison, AR 71665 attention: Virginia Scallion 870-357-8108.